FEBRUARY 27, 2020
2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
Webcast - FREE for MembersIf you're not able to attend, register now and watch the recorded webcast later!
SHRM Essentials of Human Resources provides foundational HR Knowledge and incorporates components of the SHRM BoCK. It provides insights into the standards for knowledge, strategies and competencies required of eﬀective HR professionals around the world.
SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
- New to HR
- Small business owners
- Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities
This one-hour introductory course will provide an overview of what to expect from the full, 2-day course by covering all six key HR topics, but not diving deep into any one specific topic (that will have to wait for the actual class!) The six functional areas are:
- Human Resources Administration - Gaining a clear understanding of the HR function.
- Talent Acquisition - Developing important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
- Total Rewards - Learning the key elements of a total compensation system.
- Learning and Development - Obtaining an understanding of orientation, employee development, and training.
- Performance Management - Discovering the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
- U.S. Employment Law and Regulations - Enhancing your ability to apply key HR legislation.
To learn more about the full course, visit SHRM Essentials of Human Resources
1. Human Resources Administration - To gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
2. Talent Acquisition - To develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
3. Total Rewards - To learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
4. Learning and Development - To obtain an understanding of orientation, employee development, and
5. Performance Management - To discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
6. U.S. Employment Law and Regulations - To enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
7. Miscellaneous - Gain a better understanding of Human Resources issues facing organizations today
- Expand awareness of HR behavioral competencies
- Gain practical expertise to increase job skills
- Increase on-the-job confidence PDC
$25Login information is sent 1-3 business days prior to the webcast date.SPEAKER BIO
Terry Welker, SHRM-SCP, began his career working in Public Safety as an investigator and Chief Officer before retiring after 26 years and moving into full-time HR work. Currently, Terry provides consulting services for both the private sector and public sector specializing in HR Audits, Compensation and Management Training, and he was previously the Chief HR Executive for the City of Scottsdale, Arizona. In his "spare time," Terry is an Associate Professor at Drake University, serves as the Volunteer Leader and President of the Central Iowa SHRM Affiliate Chapter. Since 2012, Terry has taught over 2400 students through SHRM's certification preparation, compensation and Essentials courses and holds the SHRM Senior Certified Professional designation. Terry has completed his doctoral work for his PhD in Education and currently finalizing his dissertation.