October 19, 2018
8:30am - 5:00pm - San Francisco
Reed Smith LLC
101 2nd Street, Suite 1800
New 1-day DISC Certification Program offered by SHRM member and DISC expert, Jill McGillen of Next Turn, to employees in HR and Learning and Development departments.
In this DISC train-the-trainer certification program, you will learn how to conduct your own DISC training, confident in your understanding of this valuable, effective communication and behavior style tool. Jill McGillen, 3X certified instructor, will offer her 18-year expertise and in-depth understanding of DISC, the Facilitation System, and its applications. Participants will be grounded in the newest research and leave the program with a way to demonstrate their organizational commitment to excellence and workplace productivity using this profile. Plus you’ll be offered new and exciting ways to facilitate effectively for your organizations with valuable access to sustainable learning systems.
What is DISC?
The DISC tool is a behavior assessment tool based on the DISC theory of psychologist William Marston. The theory centers around four different behavior style traits. DISC is widely used in organizations around the world helping build stronger teams and leadership.
How Can I Apply DiSC at Work?
It is most often used as a way to build teamwork, advance communication, reduce conflict, and train managers. DiSC is also an invaluable leadership tool. By understanding the different leadership methods and styles that coincide with each behavior style, leaders and team members can be more effective.
What’s on the Agenda?
During this comprehensive one-day program, after online pre-work, participants will:
Learn the DISC model, history and theory of the DISC tool
- Participate in an Everything DiSC Workplace™ facilitated session
- Discover and learn how to use Wiley Publishing’s Everything DiSC Facilitation System™
- Build customized solutions for your workplaces
- Network with other human resource professionals
- Complete an Certification Exam administered by Next Turn
What’s Included in the Price?
- One complete Everything DiSC Workplace Facilitation System™ which includes: PowerPoints, handouts, videos and leader’s guides for programs
- One complimentary Everything DiSC Workplace Report™ to be completed prior to the certification program
- One electronic profile sub-account so that you are in direct control of administering and storing online assessments
- A comprehensive day of training on best practice facilitation techniques, updated DISC model and related learning supplements from an 18-year subject matter expert and 3X certified instructor
- An online learning portal for ongoing just-in-time learning (no expiration)
- Training certificate after successful completion of exam
Note: You must be an employee to attend
About the Presenter, Jill McGillen
Widely known for her weekly work advice column, "Ask Jill,” and for her skills as a presenter, trainer and consultant to countless businesses and organizations, Jill McGillen is a perfect match for her role as leader of Next Turn. Jill uses the DISC model in her business and has three certifications in this tool. She has done numerous DISC Train-the-Trainer programs for clients and wants to share her passion for this popular and successful tool with more Bay Area workplaces. Next Turn works with numerous national and international private and public sector clients including Thermo Fisher Scientific, Zeiss, Rodan and Fields, City and County of San Francisco, and many others. Jill and her team of professional consultants offer invaluable strategies to managers and teams to improve productivity and enhance engagement. Her programs receive rave reviews.